Texas Ten Step Star Achiever Breastfeeding Learning Collaborative
WHAT: A quality improvement initiative to help Texas hospitals create environments in which women’s choices concerning breastfeeding can best be supported, with the goal of increasing exclusive breastfeeding in the immediate postpartum period and continuing through six months of age.
WHO: Up to 81 teams of Texas-based hospitals broken into three geographically-based cohorts.
WHEN: June 2012 to June 2017
FUNDER: This project is supported by the Texas Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
NICHQ'S ROLE: Facilitate a Breakthrough Series Collaborative to apply quality improvement methodology to improve rates of exclusive breastfeeding in the state of Texas. Provide an environment for rapid cycle Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) testing and the robust exchange of ideas with the support of world-class perinatal and quality improvement experts.
- Read Fathers Hold Key to Breastfeeding Success
- Read How to Grow a Breastfeeding Initiative from Local to Statewide
- Read Breastfeeding Training Requires Creativity, Innovation
- Read Hospitals Work Together to Improve Breastfeeding in Texas
- Read Hospital Staff, Leadership Support Critical to Breastfeeding Support
- Read Paying for Formula Puts Hospitals in Control
- Read Don’t Cry as Pacifiers Go Bye-Bye
- Read A Big Solution for a Big State: How Texas is Improving Breastfeeding Rates
- Read Why I Participate by Parent Chair Trang Neimetz